Follow me on

Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Super Hero is You

Have you ever wanted to escape?
Put on a mask just to see life a different way?
 I remember when I was younger. I remember sitting in front of the TV watching Sailor Moon. It didn't matter how tough the day had been as long as I got home to watch Usagi battle evil and end up in Tuxedo Mask's arms. I was bullied when I was younger. I never understood why, it was always something different. "I was too tall, my hair was too curly, I was too thin, I was too fat." Sometimes it got so bad that all I wanted to do was to transform into a Sailor Scout. 

There is something really magical about putting on a cape, a mask, a wig, a costume. As you slip into someone else's skin you are reborn. You have a new life. Those people that hurt you don't matter anymore. 
That is how I started dancing. 
I've been dancing ever since I can remember.While I danced, acted and sang, my room turned into whatever I wanted. I could be in a castle or two seconds later in outer space. I could even travel through time! I still dance to this day:3

There is nothing wrong with wanting to escape reality. Sometimes we need it, because when we come back things seem a little more magical than usual. You are more confident and for some reason you can now solve that problem you've been working on forever.

 It's in that spirit that I filmed my new tutorial. I should upload it tomorrow afternoon. I'll give you a hint: You can be any super hero you want without buying a mask;)
being your own super hero is much better. This way, you can write your own story with your own rules. If you are reading this, know that your book is the most amazing story, I'd be very lucky if I ever got to read it. 
Stay Beautiful*

No comments:

Post a Comment